Monday, February 25, 2013

Tammy's Scraping Corner Challenge #51 - Paper Piecing

I have the pleasure of being your Guest DT today at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!  

 Paper Piecing Challenge!



I will honestly admit to ALL of you that I have
 NEVER 
done Paper Piecing before and 
actually had to watch a few tutorials and look for examples.
  I'm hoping that my interpretation of this is correct. 
 I'm learning that this IS a learning process for me and
 I'm grateful to everyone who posts instructions and 
step by step photos to
 help the rest of us create the best possible
 art that we can.


Our sponsor for this challenge is

  Bugaboo Stamps 

and Tammy sent me a couple of great images
 to work with her Paper Piecing Challenge!



Originally I wanted to distress the 
cloud "background" paper
 (which is actually just parchment paper)
 and I crumpled it ripped the edges and took a nail file to some of it. 

 I liked the look of it 
until 
I attempted to distress the edges and 
used the wrong color ink. 
 No match - 
back to the drawing board!


Try number 2 
 Plan  "B" - ended up getting a coat of 
Goosebumps
 for added texture and shine and 
I was happy with that plan.

I embossed and cut out my image and
 repeated the same mistake with the
 wrong color ink and ended up cutting out 
ANOTHER 
Jesse and using the cut out as my base to add my layers (pieces)
This worked,
 (Thanks Goodness!)


Now I'm getting ready to put it all together.

By the way, the reason Jesse is
 "BLUE"
 is that I just received my very first set of
(I've only ever had some 30 year old
 watercolor pencils that I've been using). 

I bought the 4 pen set (Christmas Bundle) from 
and I had lots of blue, red, green but very little browns in the
 Essential pack that came with it,
 (next purchase or hopefully WINNING them somehow)
 will be some browns and yellows and pinks and purples and.....


The sentiment is from a VERY old 
(15+ years) called
 Celestial Projects from
 The Rubber Stamp Factory 
which was purchased at WalMart.  

I love the sentiment and use it on quite a few of my cards. 
 I embossed it with
 Brown Sugar Opaque Powder
 and once it dried I applied a layer of the
 Goosebumps
 (texture spray) to it

I added some Crystal Sparkles (Tulip Productions)
on the bottom edges of the sentiment and
 randomly on the background.


Gold glitter on Jesse's halo and the starts and some clear on his wings and the cloud.




I'm eagerly awaiting comments on 
whether or not the 
whole process was done correctly, 
so let 'em fly ya'll!!!

Now get out there and win some freebies from Tammy!

Good Luck!

Blessings.
Trudy

Challenges:

Anything Goes #68 @ Word Art Wednesday
Favorite Color Combo IIC98 - @ Inky Impressions
Anything Goes @ Stamp N Doodle
Anything Goes #14 @ Challenges 4 Everybody
Anything Goes @ Penny's Paper-Crafty
Pretty Pastels #38 @ Cutie Pie
For A Child SNSDC93 @ Sweet N Sassy
Anything Goes / Pile It On Challenge 8 @ Avenue 613
Bling It On #21 @ Glitter N Sparkle
Fav Color Combo 2 @ Lacy Sunshing Challenges

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE how this turned out.. its fantastic!!! Even after a few tries LOL .. sounds like me!!! Really fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card and he looks lovely in blue!

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sweet, Trudy. I love how his little halo is covering his eyes. Darling!
    Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week, and please come back soon. I SO enjoy your art.
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out great! Love it, and love that you showed the steps in making it. Congrats on being a GDT on Tammy's Scrapin' Corner. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cute!! I love the colors and your bear image is adorable. Here's a tutorial I did on paper piecing with digis. http://www.stephsscraphappenings.blogspot.com/2012/07/tutorial-paper-piecing-with-digi-stamps.html

    Thanks for playing along in this week's Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trudy, you did an awesome on this! I am inspired to give it try. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the image and grate colouring, thank you for joining us at Glitter n sparkle challenge blog good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! You really brought this to life!!! The background looks so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI!!
    I love your card! very good the steps!!
    Hug from Venezuela!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Trudy, such a cute teddy bear and a lovely card.

    Thanks for joining in with The Cutie Pies this time.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful soft colours . Love it Thanks for sharing with us at glitternsparkle Hugs Trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful - a really cute image and I love your background.

    Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete