Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hope for the Fighters, Peace for the Survivors and Prayers for the Taken

This adorable little puppy digi was a freebie sent to me by
 Sandi and Anne at 

I

I am making myself use my new
 Spectum Noir markers, 
even though I only have a "basic set" and
 not many colors 
YET. 
 I really like them, but have 
NEVER
 used markers until I bought this set , so
 it is quite a learning experience for me.

I heat embossed the "heart" in the center of the candy with some 
Recollections Sparkle Embossing Glitz
and added the
 "dots" 
with some white Liquid Pearls from Ranger


I planned on doing the
 Valentine/Love
 theme with this digi and 
something kept coming into my mind to use it as a 
"red ribbon" 
card, instead.
I listen to those "feelings" now.....

  I had these little "Hope" charms that I found awhile ago and had never used one - great timing.


The sentiment I read somewhere on line 
(actually I think I read this sentiment and
 that's how the inspiration came to me for the card), 
used my word program and printed it out on white cardstock.



The ribbon is
 BRAND NEW
 - just got it this week when a neighbor was so kind as to let me
 ride along with her to Michael's. 
 I was really wishing I had purchased a few more colors after I used it.  

Notice I liked it so much I even made a collar for the little puppy :)



Challenges:
The Outlawz Challenges Sunday Freebie
Monday Greetings Card Challenge - Feb 18th @ The Outlawz - Embossed plus Add Red
Hearts and Dots Challenge @ Fresh Brewed Designs
Anything Goes 115 @ Penny's Paper-Crafty
Challenge 78 - Anything Goes @ Daisy Doodles
Challenges 14 - Anything Goes @ Challenges 4 Everybody
Anything Goes @ Stamp N Doodle
IIC98 Favorite color @ Inky Impressions
Challenge #53 - All That Glitters @ Love To Create
Challenge 68 - Anything Goes @ Word Art Wednesday


9 comments:

  1. Hi Trudy: Just look at that sweet puppy bringing the Valentine to his "love". How very sweet this is. Thank you so much for sharing your talents by playing along in our challenge. I'm so grateful to have you join us. Hope you will come back real soon!

    I just became your newest blog follower, and would really enjoy having you stop by my blog and following me as well. Here is my personal blog address:
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    There's another great challenge where I'd like to invite you to share this sweet card. It's V's Sweeet Ideas and they have an amazing prize this month. I hope you will stop by and link this up there as well. It's a LOVE themed challenge, so this will be just perfect!
    www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com

    Thanks again for sharing with us. I hope to see you stop by my blog, and V's Sweet Ideas, and please come back again to see us soon!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your site and just became a follower!!! I started checking out V's Sweet Ideas - great site -

      Blessings, Trudy

      Delete
  2. Such a cute dog image and sparkly details. Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! Thank you so much for playing with us at Love to Create Challenge!! Please Come back and play with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina LTC Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little dog, great card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Inky Impressions this week, good luck in the draw

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute little dog, and your background is lovely. Well done.

    Thanks for joining us at Stamp 'n' Doodle this week, hopefully your join us next week.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. really lovely card - thanks for playing at inky impressions xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes" challenge.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete