Monday, February 4, 2013

Love Is In The Air - Baby Girl Dragon

This week I am a guest designer for the
Love Is In The Air

 The sponsor this week Doodle Dragon Studios
This sweet Stock with her precious baby girl is just adorable
They have the CUTEST digis!
This is my 2nd card for this challenge!
I stamped the first layer of white cardstock with
 a stencil I've had for years using a
 Memento Rose Bud Dye.
The circles were cut with a
 Cricut Best Images of 2006 cartridge out of
white cardstock and the outer edges stamped again with  the
 Rose Bud and the larger one with a Memento Angel Pink. 
I colored the image with watercolor pencils and used chalk for the background on the image.
A strip of polka dot scrap across the center was taped to the first layer and the
 circles applied with foam
 (I don't have any dots),
 to give it some dimension.
  
I added Ranger Liquid Pearls in Bisque on the small circle and the Flamingo on the larger one.
I die cut 1" flowers with the same  Best Images of 2006 cartridge and
 colored them with the Rose and Angel Pink dyes. 
 I curled the edges  by rolling with a tooth pick
 (feel free to message me and I'll explain how to do this). 
 The flowers were assembled and I added the
 pearls, tulle and ribbons and
  little more Bisque Liquid Pearl hearts on the first layer.

Thanks for stopping by.
I appreciate all your views and
I love it when you give me suggestions and
leave comments on my work.

I hope you had a chance to check out all four creations I posted today.

And don't forget to visit Incy Wincy and join in on the challenge!!!
Challenges I'm entering with this card are:

Sweet 'n Sassy - Valentine's Day/ Love SNSDC90
Stampin With The Dragon - Love Is In The Air
Digi Design's Saturday Fortnightly Challenge - Valentine's and/ Love Challenge
(they have a DT call for anyone interested)
Love To Create Challenge - #51 - Celebrate
Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge #94 - Lavishly Luscious Layers
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's - Anything Goes
(They also have a DT call)
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes - Challenge #13
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
Inky Impressions - Bingo (Flowers, Ribbon & Pink/Red
The Perfect Sentiment - PSC64 - Anything Goes With a Die- Cut
Penny's Paper Craft - One For The Girls
Lady Bug Crafts Ink - Girly/Female

19 comments:

  1. Very cute, Trudy. Fun design and lovely floral spray. Thanks for joining the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and good of you to share how you achieved it. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot, Trudy. You did an amazing job with your card and those flowers are awesome. Such a blessing to have you share your talents by entering our challenge, and I hope you will come back soon to share more of your gorgeous art with us!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card! Love your homemade flowers and that image is beyond cute!!
    Thanks for playing along with the Ladybugs at LCI this week and also at MAWTT. Good luck in both challenges
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pink card and I love those flowers.
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "bling it up" challenge & good luck in the draw…
    Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Creative Craft Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your flowers and would like you to mail me how to make them...manderlylynn@gmail.com they are very lovely compliment your image so nicely. Great coloring too! Thanks so much for entering Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge this week. Hope to see you here again soon!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Manderly. I'm so glad you like them. I know it would be so much and quicker to buy them - but I love having them match my colors so well and besides, call me crazy, but I like making them. I'll be in touch!

      Delete
    2. Good Morning, Manderly
      I just wanted to tell you that I emailed the instructions for the paper roses to you today! Enjoy! I LOVE making them (and using them, of course, lol). Let me see a photo of one of your creations with them :)
      Blessings, Trudy

      Delete
  8. So sweet.

    Thanks for joining with us at Creative Craft Challenges this time.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trudy,
    I can see why you were invited to guest design. Your work is so fun, bright, and really colorful.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday; we love seeing your wonderful art work and we really appreciate you taking time to join our challenge.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous Valentine card, a great design and wonderful details - such a fun adorable image.

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and I love those flowers!
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!
    Hugs
    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, love the image as well as all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card, I love all the details :)
    Thanks for joining Di's Digi Challenge & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creation, perfect for our love challenge! Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this card so sweet ,thank you for joining us at challenge 4 everybody good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a scrummie card, thanks for sharing your secrets!It's just perfect for the challenge! Hope you got chance to join the Ladybug blog hop!Happy Crafting, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card with a good idea! thanks for playing with MAWTT this week.

    ReplyDelete