Wednesday, February 6, 2013

C'est La Vie!







Hello Everyone... I am really excited about being
a part of the Tsunami Rose Design Team..

and I am having such a great time creating with Tsunami Rose's 

You will be seeing me as a Guest Designer the entire month of February.  
Whoo  Whoo 






If you haven't check out Daisy's printable journals you need to!  
They are amazing!
... and Daisy has a wonderful NEW Printable Journal
..
. "Parisian Daydream"...
 oooooh lala!!!...
 now available in printed form...


I didn't shoot off my usual 30 photos while making this card,
 I was hacked and spent my weekend fixing my computer
 so I could get my posts done. 
 Whew! 
 No pressure, right...


The card base is black cardstock, layered with some peachy which
 I distressed with  
Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo Distress Ink from Ranger.  

 I added one of the sheets from the Parisian Daydream journal sets


  (I used an embossing pen to "trace" the scroll design and
 embossed it with Recollections Opaque Powder in Ebony . 

 I cut out a few of the postcards, mounted/framed, embellished and
 attached one with double sided tape and the other with foam (for dimension).

 This was originally going to be a
 thank you card
 to match a bottle topper I made
 (see next post),
 but while burning the midnight oil
 "C'est La Vie!"

 kept coming into my mind 
(gotta trust those little thoughts, ya know)
so I created a Word document
 printed it out, embossed it, and mounted it on the
 roses sheet from the Parisian Daydream set.
 (the square embossing around the sentiment was
 supposed to be glitter -
 I grabbed the wrong bottle, by mistake, lol). 

 The bling is a brand new item for me, 
I've always bought little packages of rhinestones/gemstones at my local WalMart and 
attached them with   Tacky Glue.  
I love how easy these Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones are.  



 I cut out one of the "coin's" for the Eiffel Tower Tours and attached some black cardstock to the back of it and attached it with foam. (primarily to give me space to hide all the glue from the embellishments).



The peach roses were pink, I simply dabbed them on a
 Dried Marigold Tim Holtz Distree Ink pad.  

 The ribbons were a grey sheer from a Dollar Tree which I inked with some
 Black ColorBox.

 It's so nice to learn that I don't have to buy EVERYTHING -
 I can alter so much of what I already have to fit a project! 
 Great tip to remember!

Thanks so very much for stopping by.  
Wishing you a BLESSED day!


 Tsunami Rose Designs Links 

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Trudy ! now following and thanks for the add ! love and hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment and for following. I really appreciate it!!!

      Delete
  2. WOW you were hacked - so sorry
    your project is amazing
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between my son and I we were able to fix it - but it was 3-4 days of frustration (the virus actually came from a crafting site...) I remember when it happened.
      I got my project done, though, so it's all good. Thanks for stopping by, Debbi

      Delete