That's the theme this week at
I chose the Sipping Soda digital for my
Guest Design Team inspiration card
He's just adorable!
Here is my little photo tutorial on the making of this card
I still don't have any of the wonderful marker's that so many of you are
fortunate to have, so
I do all of my coloring with 10 year old
colored pencils and water color pencils.
The sentiment was stamped on lime green card stock and cut to size.
I mounted the image piece on the
"star" photo mat paper and then to the
All Girl "green clouds"
Outside panels were cut to fit with lime green and star photo mat.
Everything is attached with ATG.
I hand sketched sand dunes on the bottom of the card
and added various embossing powders until I made a
mess of the entire project.
Change of Plans
So know that I have this HUGE mess on my card -
I decided to fussy cut a "wave", add clear glitter and attach to the bottom of the card.
Card fixed, right?
- after all the glitter and embossing powders,
my foam tape wont' work,
ATG won't work -
get out the Big Guns -
had to add "a lot" of Zip Dry and
set overnight with weights to dry.
It gave it an overall wavy look from the weights.
I blocked off the side and bottom panels and gave the
center of the card a good coating of
The palm tree stencils are something I've had in my craft stash for more years than I can remember,
I simply copy them on to card stock
(white - the stencils are metallic green and copy REALLY dark),
fussy cut and add liquid pearls.
- Borderlines Ocean Wave Template by Creative Memories
- QKR image #24159 Sipping Soda
- Colorbok cardstock (lime green, powder blue, white), Photo Mats Bright
- Recollections All Girl Cardstock Paper 6 x 6
- Palm Tree Stencils (unknown origin)
- Beach Sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers (a Hendrich Co) - Sand Dollar Mini 2012 Clear Stamp Set
- Liquid Pearls (Ivy Green and Key Lime)
- Memento Pistachio Dye Ink
- Colored Pencils
- Recollections Sparkle Glitz and Clear Gold Embossing Powder
- Zing - Brown Sugar Opaque Embossing Powder
- Stickles Dry Fine Glitter (Cinnamon)
- Zip Dry ScrapBook Glue
- Foam Tape
Remember to check out all of the
great design ideas,
techniques and just
lot's of great stuff at the
QKR Stampede Blog -
and don't forget to join in the Challenge!