Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Fun

That's the theme this week at 
QKR 
for 
Challenge #44.

I chose the Sipping Soda digital for my
 Guest Design Team inspiration card



He's just adorable!



Here is my little photo tutorial on the making of this card



I still don't have any of the wonderful marker's that so many of you are 
fortunate to have, so 
I do all of my coloring with 10 year old 
colored pencils and water color pencils.  

The sentiment was stamped on lime green card stock and cut to size.
  I mounted the image piece on the
 "star"  photo mat paper and then to the
 All Girl "green clouds"
 Outside panels were cut to fit with lime green and star photo mat. 
Everything is attached with ATG. 

 I hand sketched sand dunes on the bottom of the card


 and added various embossing powders until I made a 
TOTAL 
mess of the entire project.


Change of Plans

So know that I have this HUGE mess on my card - 
I decided to fussy cut a "wave", add clear glitter and attach to the bottom of the card. 
 Card fixed, right
 WRONG
 - after all the glitter and embossing powders, 
my foam tape wont' work,  
ATG won't work -
 get out the Big Guns - 
had to add "a lot" of Zip Dry and 
set overnight with weights to dry.  
It gave it an overall wavy look from the weights. 
 (smiling)

I blocked off the side and bottom panels and gave the 
center of the card a good coating of 
Goose Bumps.


 The palm tree stencils are something I've had in my craft stash for more years than I can remember, 
 I simply copy them on to card stock
 (white - the stencils are metallic green and copy REALLY dark),
 fussy cut and add liquid pearls.


Supplies Used:

  • Borderlines Ocean Wave Template by Creative Memories



Materials Used:

  • QKR image #24159 Sipping Soda
  • Colorbok cardstock (lime green, powder blue, white), Photo Mats Bright
  • Recollections All Girl Cardstock Paper 6 x 6
  • Palm Tree Stencils (unknown origin)
  • Beach Sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers (a Hendrich Co) - Sand Dollar Mini 2012 Clear Stamp Set
  • Liquid Pearls (Ivy Green and Key Lime)
  • Memento Pistachio Dye Ink
  • Colored Pencils
  • Recollections Sparkle Glitz and Clear Gold Embossing Powder
  • Zing - Brown Sugar Opaque Embossing Powder
  • Stickles Dry Fine Glitter (Cinnamon)
  • Goosebumps
  • Zip Dry ScrapBook Glue
  • ATG
  • Foam Tape


Remember to check out all of the
 great design ideas,
 techniques and just
 lot's of great stuff at the
 QKR Stampede Blog -
 and don't forget to join in the Challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Happy BIF day! What a great way to "get out of your problem." And now you have such a fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, love all of the glittery effects! Thanks for the tutorial. BIF

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card and Thank You for the photo tutorial:)

    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I think you do a wonderful job with your colored pencils! Thanks for following my blog with bloglovin and I am now following your blog!
    Darcy BIF

    ReplyDelete