It's Wednesday - Tsunami Rose Designs Challenge Time!!
Week #12 - "Color Inspiration"
Using the Life Abloom Printable Journal Set
which you can buy here
Tsunami Rose Designs Links
- Here is a close up:And my PRC (Photo Recipe Card) if you would like to follow along.I cut a standard piece of 8 1/2 x 11" base out of beige card stock to 5 1/2 x 4 1/4"I decided to use a 1 1/2 x 4 3/4" piece of the journal paper(since is was approximately 1/3 of the width of the card).A piece of pink card stock was cut to fit the journal paper and the corners cut with anEK Success photo corner punch.The sentiment from the journal pack was trimmed and backed with black card stock to fit.All of the layers were distressed with Ranger's Old Paper Distress Ink.The journal paper was distressed with a Tim Holtz/Tonic Studios Paper Distresser andtorn in a few places to "age" it a little more.(Gotta Love That "Vintage" Look!)Another piece of black card stock was trimmed to fit the "frame"The "frame" was glued with an ATC and the sentiment block was attached with foam tape.An Inkadinkado Dot Flourishes stamp was used with embossing ink and heat embossed with Recollections Ebony Opaque Embossing PowderThe butterfly was a new product I recently purchased from Eureka StampsIt is the butterfly paper sculpture. I thought I would try using this since I don't own a butterfly die. What a cool, easy (did I say REALLY easy) way to make my own winged crittersAfter printing out the digi, I put it in my copier and printed it out on velum.I colored it with water color pencils (although next time I will try using my Sprectum Noir markers on it) and outlined it with a embossing pen and then heat embossed with the black powder.I would do the embossing first the next time and then the coloring, but I didn't think it through BEFORE working on it.The image was cut out (3 pieces) and then glued together. After it dried, I used a stylus (actually I used a star shaped screwdriver and an old mouse pad - since I don't own a stylus per sea) on the back of the paper to give it some shape and dimensionI added a few silk flower heads around the sentiment (attaching with glue)Some Offray pink accents were added to the butterfly,the flourish areas and a few places on the card and inthe center of the flowers.Thanks, so very much for stopping by and checking out this beautiful collection that Daisy has put together for you.Make sure you join the challenge this week for a chance to win it!