Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MFP Sketch with a Twist #38 - Use a Fancy Border

It's Tuesday - time for Mark's Finest Papers
Use a Fancy Border


 This great image and sentiment are from MFP's Sand Dollar Mini 2012 .



And here is the sketch:



Navy blue card stock was stamped with embossing ink and heat embossed with Recollections Aged Silver Chunky Embossing Powder, the sentiment was cut out and applied with foam tape to a piece of  black card stock cut to 2 3/4" square.  The same Darice gems were attached to 2 of the corners.


A 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" white cardstock base was layered with a border cut with a 
Friskar's Decorative Punch and
 laced with Gold metallic ribbon and a bow  (from my stash).  
A strip of Darice  black adhesive backed acrylic gems were added to either side of the ribbon.


The sentiment was stamped  on navy (2 3/4" x 1 1/4") card stock with embossing ink and heat embossed with Rubber Stampede Gold embossing powder (on my stove - as I STILL don't have a heat gun).  It was mounted on black card stock and trimmed to size.  Additional acrylic gems were added to each corner.


Head on over to Mark's Finest Papers Blog and check out the Challenge
 I'll bet they have a great stamp set ready to give someone!

Have a terrific Tuesday, my crafting friends!
Blessings!
Trudy

Challenges:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love the striking colours.
    {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique - stunning! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a sweet comment. I have to apologise for my tardiness. Having a mare of a time with the move from GReader to Bloglovin. I'm not ignoring you…I'm just technologically retarded! LOL. Thanks for being a follower. I'll be keeping an eye in you too! ;-)
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete