Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chartreuse (glittered) Merry Christmas Card


Today's card lets me ask about embossing techniques. 

 As you can see in the card below, I apparently "wiggled" the stamp and got a line on the bottom of the image.  I use a dry paint brush to brush away any excess or mistakes prior to heating, but decided to leave this as a focal point.  Don't know that I would do it again, but am learning that my mistakes are teaching me.  The sentiment is a little sloppy on the left side by the "M" in Merry, guess I just have to practice.  



I am curious to suggestions about how to eliminate the "speckling" from powder.  I have heard mention of a anti-static pouch of sorts, but haven't checked out the prices.  Is there a diy application for this that anyone can tell me about without my having to purchase more items right now?


This is the entire card front - the card itself it actually on white card stock not pink as it appears in the photo (guess I need more lighting in my craft room).  The second layer is done with the deep green from The Paper Studio (Holiday pack) www.craftsetc.com that I purchased at a Hobby Lobby www,hobbylobby.com

 I love the color combinations of this card.

The "label" is actually a gift tag cutout from Trim The Tree Winter Collection by Cricut www.provocraft.com
The sentiment is from Stampabilities www.craftsetc.com
As promised, I remembered to change the date on my camera!!!  

I'm searching the internet today for articles on making your own glitter paper.

Any suggestions? 

 I am trying to utilize the supplies and crafting items that I currently have and
expanding their capabilities,
because:

1.   The economy and my own financial status

2.  Use up existing "inventory"

3.  I really do live out in the country and the nearest craft store

 (other than a WalMart with a VERY limited inventory)
 is about 50 miles away from me

As usual, the recipe for this card is available!

Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment