Monday, January 20, 2014

Fancy Fold Easel Card



Friends of Speedy TV's 







I've used one of Mark's Finest Papers and Stamps' new releases this month as my focal point for this card. 


  

I love this technique which I learned from Shirl at
 thank you again, Shirl.  

You can find her tutorial here



Here's the photo journey of this card:

Black card stock is heat embossed using Recollections Sparkle Clear Gold powder 

Showing all the various sections of this card cut using Shirl's directions on her blog.
 The bamboo stamp is from MFP's  Wealthy Fish 2013 set.

The fan was fancy cut at the top to extend over the top of the fold

Panels were layered at attached with ATG



The inside sections were attached to the card base with the ATG
.
Sentiment is from  the Lotus Blossoms 2013 set

The banding was actually cut to fit this lace I had in my stash, layered with a piece of black rat tail which was woven through the "coin" by cutting 2 slots in the image and attached with 1/8" scor tape.

The "coin"  on the banding is from the Lucky You 2013 set

Black liquid pearl dots were added to "stop" the top panel and to keep it upright.
Gold liquid pearls dots were added on the image panel as an accent.
                                                           

7 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Just soooooo beautiful! I'm in total love with it! If you like oriental, I belong to an oriental stamp group on Yahoo if you are interested. Thanks for sharing your desin...I'm off to mop up my drool......!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. I am really lovin this card. I never thought to make a paneled easel card. This is beautifully done. thanks for showing how you made it. I actually might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Trudy ! love, love your version on this fancy fold easel card... It's absolutely gorgeous.... Love the oriental flair... Thanks for the shout out! You are awesome my friend.....

    ReplyDelete