Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lavender and Teal Love Card


I am very happy with the beautiful Lavender and Teal colors on this card.

The original inspiration for this project came from 
Mojo Monday's Challenge #274 - Round or Square,
 but then I saw the suggested colors of 
Gold, Teal, Mint and/or Lavender on Play Date Cafe's  blog. 
This is a new blog for me and 
once I completed the card - I realized
 the challenge had expired. 
 Oh well, it gave me a great color combination to start with.

 I just begain the 365 Challenge and forget that I have to make a card daily. 
 I popped on to their blog to see that I needed something for the 
Day 2 - Be Mine, Valentine 
(create a card for this challenge that has the 
word "LOVE" and least one HEART on it).


I had originally stamped a "Heavenly Wishes" sentiment on this card and then restamped it (YUCK).  I didn't like this so I thought I'd try the sentiment on a circle and didn't like this either.  I did a little rearranging to block out the original stamp,


 die cut the word LOVE 



and  moved the "heart" (i.e. my interpretation of their layout by necessity).


When I saw that today's challenge on 365  cards - Day 3 - 
Layered needed a minimum of 5 layers
 I thought I would add this one, as well. 
 I'm not sure if each challenge has to be a separate card, so 
I will make another tonite for 365 - just in case.  
Better to err on the side of caution!




I cut 3 layers of alternating 
lavender and teal cardstock with the Spellbiners A-2 "B" dies


I distressed them with Ranger's Distress stains in Metallic Brushed Pewter and Peacock Feathers.


Embossed with a Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls folder and inked with a Ranger Distress Ink in Peacock Feather


A little more embossing for the lavender with a Just My Type dotted swiss folder and some limited edition Color Box Pigment stamp pad in Ice to give it a little "bling".

I have bunches of ribbon and lace (a gift from my wonderful Mom - Thanks, Mom!) and I inked some with a purple ink pad I found in my stash.  Added a small layer of teal
"corsage" ribbon and a bow.

The flower die cuts are from the Best Images of 2006 - Cricut.  
When ever I have to cut my dies, I make certain to make extra so that they are already done for another project.  

The bling is just WalMart acryllic jewels.


I hope you are having a TERRIFIC THURSDAY!
Be KIND!

Challenges:

365 Cards http://365cards.blogspot.com/ - Day 2  - Love and Heart
Day 3 - Minimum of 5 layers


  http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.co.uk/ -  Challenge #250 something New 
 (I though a new love was a good idea)

http://ladybugscraftsinkchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ - Anything Goes

http://www.tsunamirosedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/01/wednesday-challenge-1-anything-goes.htmlhttp://www.tsunamirosedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/01/wednesday-challenge-1-anything-goes.html  - Anything Goes




1 comment:

  1. Liebe Trudy,eine Karten sind wirklich schön gearbeitet. Mir gefällt auch, wie du dein Vorgehen der Arbeit zeigst. Vielen Dank dafür. Danke auch,das du dich auf meinem Blog eingetragen hast.
    Liebe Grüße, Anja

    ReplyDelete