I was unimpressed with the card when I finished it.
The bold colors and patterns were out of my comfort zone.
I almost didn't post this card originally
but it grew on me when I took another look at it the day after I made it.
And that is when I started making changes -
and also when I realized that I had never taped the layers together.
Sometimes I need to slow down a little.
I have begun putting a DOT of tape to each layer to help me with my layouts
(they are always sliding around or blowing off my work table)
- and quite honestly,
I started photographing the card and noticed it was
crooked on the cardstock, as I was "straightening" it I noticed that I had never secured it fully.
This card layout was inspired by The Deconstructed Sketch No. 84 @ http://deconstructingjen.com/deconstructed-sketch-no-84/.
The colors and sentiment were added to comply with
365 Cards Day 8 - Loud and Proud (using bold colors and a sentiment of congratulations) @ http://365cards.blogspot.com/2013/01/day-8-loud-and-proud.html and
Cute Card Thursday's Challenge 251 - Beat The Blues (blue color/something upbeat) @ http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2013/01/challenge-251-beat-blues.html,
2 Sisters Challenge #126 - Celebrations @ http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2013/01/challenge-251-beat-blues.html,
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge Anything Goes @ http://bunnyzoescrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/monthly-challenge-anything-goes.html,
Stamping Dragon "Anything Goes" @ http://stampingwithdragon.blogspot.com/2013/01/stamping-dragon-challenge-anything-goes.html
Card Makin' Mamas Anything Goes @ http://cardmakinmamas.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/a-new-year-and-new-challenge.html
Jingle Bells - Look What Santa Brought Me @ http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com/2013/01/look-what-santa-brought-me.html
Stamp-n-Doodle "Something Neglected" @ http://stamp-n-doodle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/stamp-n-doodle-challenge-9th-january.html
Inky Impressions Challenge #92 - Add a Sentiment @ http://inkyimpressionschallenges.blogspot.com/2013/01/challenge-92-add-sentiment.html
I planned on using this old Sunflower Stamp but realized that it was
WAY too big for this project.
The papers are from my stash and have been there for ages - time to use them.
As you can see, they are actually from a "scrap pack" that I bought at WalMart years ago.
Most of the layers were cut using the
Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B (since it's the only one I own, right now)
I'm hoping for the A set in the near future.
The flower stamp was a Christmas gift from my daughter (thanks, Ash).
It's from the Studio g collection. Great little stamps for a very cheap price.
Wishing everyone a beautiful and blessed Monday!
Until next time.