Monday, April 21, 2014

Hey Crafty Friends!  
I've made an upcycled magazine holder to match the journal I made for you a few weeks ago using the beautiful Tsunami Rose Designs
Petticoat Ephmera
Printable Journal Kit



Close up of front 

Hard to believe this is how it started out

Since this holder was quite old I took it apart rather carefully to avoid damaging it

I added clear Gesso to the inside and outside of the cardboard

Folk Art acryllic paint was used on the outside edges since my original idea was to use this as a border.  Once I placed the printed paper, I really didn't care for it this way - so on to plan "B".

Metal Art from K&Company

Wrights White Hem Facing (1 3/4") was stained with a mix of Tim Holtz Vintage Photo and Mowed Lawn Distress Stains and attached through the front of the holder with floral binding wire

Hand made roses were glittered, but then I decided against adding them to the finished product.  I'll wait until I can get more of the dark pink rosettes to match the journal

Home made embellishment on the center of the bow.  



And here is is with the journal.



I hope you have found some inspiration today and would consider becoming a follower of  my blog.


Tsunami Rose Designs Links


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is a wonderful upcycle project. Just love the beautiful spring feel and textures.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete