Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snowflake Challenge - My First!






Today I found a card challenge on Simon Says Stamps and decided to enter my very FIRST one! 

 For those of you interested the link is:  http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/.  

The creation had to be anything at all with snowflakes - and since I'm busy trying to make and perfect my Christmas cards, I thought, "why not".

Here is the process as I pulled the papers, ribbons, scraps and ideas together.


I really wanted to try some colors that weren't so "traditional".


 I brushed on tacky glue with a small paintbrush (oh how I wish Santa would bring me a Xyron). 

The process of cutting these snowflakes on my Cricut was a bit of a chore (there are MANY) 
pieces to remove both from the image AND the cutting mat.

 I used the Best Images From 2007 cartridge for the die cut. 
Best Images of 2007

I found this scrap of old Christmas ribbon in a box - perfect!





 Close up showing the dry embossing with a Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls folder and the shimmer on the blue cardstock. 

I was in such a hurry to post this today that I didn't even wait for the glue to dry on the rhinestones -
 silly me.

Have a wonderful Wednesday 
and
 remember to be kind to everyone you encounter today!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! I bet that shimmer in real life is just amazing. :) Thanks for paticipating in our "Snowflakes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

    ReplyDelete